COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE MEETING OF PDP GOVERNORS’ FORUM HELD ON 11TH MARCH, 2021 AT SOKOTO GOVERNORS LODGE, ABUJA.
At the meeting of the Peoples Democratic Party Governors’ Forum held, Thursday, March 11, 2021 at the Conference Hall, Sokoto State Governor’s Lodge, Asokoro, FCT, the Forum resolved and hereby issue the following communiqué:
1. The meeting which was attended by the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party received an interim Report of the PDP Reconciliation Committee of the Party and commended the NWC for setting up the Committee and lauded the Reconciliation Committee on a job well done so far.
2. The meeting further resolved to strengthen the party to play its appropriate role as the bulwark for betterment of the lives of Nigerians. To this end, the meeting further reviewed how to make PDP more efficient and effective and ensure fraud-free primaries, so that the will of party members should always prevail in nomination of candidates, congresses and conventions. It resolved to support the electronic registration and update of the membership register of PDP nationwide.
3. The meeting inaugurated three Committees of the Forum. The Committees and members are as follows:
a. FINANCE COMMITTEE
i. Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu – Chairman
ii. Gov. Nyesom Wike – Member
iii. Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa – Member
iv. Gov. Seyi Makinde – Member
v. Gov. Ahmadu Fintiri – Member
vi. Gov. Godwin Obaseki – Member
vii. Gov. Udom Gabriel Emmanuel – Member
b. LEGISLATIVE LIAISON COMMITTEE
a) Sen. Bala Mohammed – Chairman
b) Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa – Member
c) Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi – Member
d) Gov. Udom Gabriel Emmanuel – Member
e) Sen. Duoye Diri – Member
f) Sen. (Prof) Engr. Ayade Benedict – Member
c. LEGAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
a. Gov. Ezenwo Nyesom Wike – Chairman
b. Gov. Darius Ishaku – Member
c. Gov. Seyi Makinde – Member
d. Gov. Samuel Ioraer Ortom – Member
e. Hon. Bello Mattawale Maradun – Member
4. The meeting further resolved to continue to collaborate with the Federal Government to fight the scourge of insecurity bedeviling the country and urged the Government to take necessary steps to engage all major stakeholders. States that bear the major brunt of the security challenges should be supported more by the Federal Government to secure the country.
5. The Forum reviewed the economic situation in the country and noted the recent increase in crude oil prices. It urged the Federal Government to use this opportunity to further diversify the economy and provide the enabling environment for Nigerians to thrive in all sectors.
6. The meeting also noted that no member of the PDP Governors’ Forum is contemplating leaving the party. Nigerians should ignore rumour mongers and mischief makers trying to sow seeds of disunity in the party. The party is one and there is no division in its ranks. The PDP Governors are concentrating on delivering democracy benefits to Nigerian people who elected them in various states.
7. We have equally set up a peer review mechanism to monitor and benchmark the laudable achievements of PDP Governors in their various states. Projects and services relevant to the lives, livelihoods and wellbeing of our people are our major pre-occupation at this time.
i. Rt. Hon. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal – Chairman
ii. Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia State) – Vice Chairman
iii. Gov. Nyesom Wike (Rivers State) – Member
iv. Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa (Delta State) – Member
v. Gov. Seyi Makinde (Oyo State) – Member
vi. Gov. Godwin Obaseki (Edo State) – Member
vii. Sen. Bala Mohammed (Bauchi State) – Member
viii. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Enugu State) – Member
ix. Sen. Duoye Diri (Bayelsa State) – Member
x. Sen. (Prof) Engr. Ayade Benedict (Cross Rivers State) – Member
xi. Gov. Samuel Ioraer Ortom (Benue State) – Member
xii. Gov. Bello Mattawale Maradun (Zamfara State) – Member
xiii. Crowther Seth (Deputy Governor-Adamawa) – Member
Rt. Hon. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal
Chairman, Peoples Democratic Party Governors’ Forum/
Governor of Sokoto State.