The Deji and Paramount Ruler of Akure Kingdom and the Chairman of the Ondo State Council of Obas, Oba Aladetoyinbo Ogunlade Aladelusi, Odundun II will on Sunday 19th September, 2021 proceed on his annual traditional leave.
2. The annual leave is expected to last for a period of seven days beginning from Sunday 19th September, 2021 till Saturday 25th September, 2021. It is a period when the Deji goes into seclusion to take rest and also use the avenue to pray for peace and prosperity of the Land.
3. It is important to notify the public and residents of Akure that beating of drum within Akure Kingdom under any guise is prohibited throughout this seven days.
4. Consequently, the road leading to the Deji’s Palace will be closed down to commuters during this period. Road users are therefore advised to make use of all adjoining routes.
5. Equally, markets, shops and stalls around the Deji’s Palace will be closed during the seven days leave.
6. Residents are advised to comply with these directives while going about their lawful duties.
Akure a gbe a oooo
Chief Press Secretary to the Deji and Paramount Ruler of Akure Kingdom & Chairman, Ondo State Council of Obas.