It was like a drama on Wednesday morning when staff as well as patients who were waiting to be attended to by laboratory technicians ran for their lives when fire suddenly broke out at the Laboratory section of the UNIMED Teaching Hospital Akure annexe.

Positive fm gathered that the fire was ignited by an electrical fault which had caused similar situation on the 1st of November leaving a major laboratory in the health facility totally shut down.

Some of the patients and staff in separate interviews wondered why the hospital authority had not addressed the problem and put the lab into order.

One of the staff who did not want her name mentioned said it was only by Gods grace that she escaped when the spark first occurred on November 1st.

Positive correspondent who witnessed the incidenct observed the spark and smoke at the upper part of the building which made everyone to ran for their lives.

The lab attendants who noted that they generated the highest revenue in the teaching hospital appealed to the state govt to set up a committee to look into their plight as the facility was fast deteriorating.

As at the time of filing this report some staff were seen outside lamenting the development while skeletal work had resumed at the floor part of the building


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *