COMMUNIQUE OF THE MEETING OF NFF EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE HELD VIA VIDEO CONFERENCE ON WEDNESDAY, 29TH DECEMBER 2021
The Executive Committee of Nigeria Football Federation met on Wednesday, 29th December 2021 through virtual means to deliberate on important issues in Nigeria Football and resolved as follows:
1) The Executive Committee expressed very deep appreciation to the President and Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR in person and the Federal Government as a whole for the continued tremendous support for the activities, events and programs of the Nigeria Football Federation.
2) For his steadfastness in supporting the cause of the NFF, the National Teams and Nigeria Football generally, the Committee heaped plaudits on the Hon. Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Chief Sunday Dare.
2)The Committee praised the partners and sponsors of the Nigeria Football Federation for their support and encouragement to the NFF and the various National Teams in the year 2021, while calling on more corporate bodies and organizations to partner with Nigeria Football in order to fast-track the attainment of financial autonomy for the Federation and guarantee even more rapid development of the Nigerian game.
3) After careful consideration of a memo presented by Chairman of the Technical and Development Sub-Committee, the Executive Committee endorsed a proposal for the appointment of Mr Jose Peseiro as the new Head Coach of the Super Eagles, following the end to the relationship with Mr Gernot Rohr. However, the Committee resolved that Mr Augustine Eguavoen, named the interim Head Coach, will lead the Super Eagles to the AFCON 2021 in Cameroon with Mr Peseiro only playing the role of Observer. It was unanimously agreed that the AFCON is a good avenue for Mr Peseiro to launch a working relationship with Mr Eguavoen, who will revert to his role as Technical Director (hence Mr Peseiro’s immediate boss) after the AFCON.
4) The Executive Committee mandated the Technical and Development Committee as well as the NFF Secretariat to organize a friendly match for the Super Eagles when the team arrives in Garoua for the AFCON 2021, and also to arrange matches for the Super Eagles and the Super Falcons in upcoming FIFA windows for international friendlies.
5) The Executive Committee approved the Financial Statement of the Federation for the year 2021, as well as the proposed Budget of the sum of N13,089,022,180.00 for the year 2022.
IN ATTENDANCE: Amaju Melvin Pinnick (President); Seyi Akinwunmi (1st Vice President); Shehu Dikko (2nd Vice President); Ibrahim Musa Gusau (Member); Yusuf Ahmed ‘Fresh’ (Member); Felix Anyansi-Agwu (Member); Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande (Member); Babagana Kalli (Member); Sharif Rabiu Inuwa (Member); Ganiyu Majekodunmi (Member); Aisha Falode (Member); Mohammed Alkali (Member); Mohammed Sanusi (Secretary)