Fire has destroyed a six bedroom flat at number 38 Nebuzor street, Umuonaga village , Awka , Anambra state .

The incident which occurred at about half past one on Sunday afternoon razed household wares and some electrical appliances worth millions of naira.

An eye witness, Mr Kenechukwu Igwe told Radio Nigeria that the fire may have emanated from a spark on petrol gallons stored near the building.

He however thanked God that no life was lost in the fire incident which he said took the intervention of the state fire service to put out.

Confirming the incident ,the Anambra state Fire Chief,Mr Martin Agbili said a lot of property were however saved in the compound as well as the neighboring structures which the fire would have entered if not for prompt arrival of his team.

Mr Agbili therefore called on residents to always store flammable liquids in a proper and designated places were sources of ignition would be avoidable.

Report says some sympathizers on ground harped on the need for road decongestion to always enable emergency trucks and personnel gain access to scenes of any incident especially during fire outbreaks .



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *