Fire has destroyed property worth millions of naira at Adagbe Avomimi Village, Enugwu Ukwu, in Njikoka local government area of Anambra state.
The raging fire which started at about half past four on Monday evening, destroyed the roof of the two storey building and some property before residents rushed to assist in controlling it.
An eye witness and tenant in the Boys’ quarters of the building, Mr Sebastin Uba, told Journalists that the fire may have emanated from behind the fence where hunters had set fire.
According to him, the fire set up by suspected hunters raged and entered the roof of the two storey building from a palm tree close to the structure.
The fire was however put under control by men of the Anambra State Fire Service who arrived the scene after receiving a distress call.
In an interview, the Chief fire officer of the Anambra state Fire Service , Mr Martin Agbili said four fire outbreaks were recorded at different locations within the state in one day.
Mr Agbili who blamed the situation on indiscriminate bush burning by hunters, dropping of cigarette butt among others called on residents to be mindful of the harmattan period and always standby while burning anything.