A -twenty nine year old tank installer and maintainer simply identified as Ahmed has lost his life while working on a petrol tank at a popular filling station on Offa garage road, in Ilorin, Kwara State.
It was gathered that the victim suddenly suffocated while they were carrying out the maintenance work inside the petrol tank at the filling station and he eventually died.
However, firemen from the Kwara State Fire Service were able to evacuate the body from the tank and handed over to his boss, Mr Abdulbasit Oladimeji.
It was learnt that the deceased was careless as he embarked on the work without putting on the necessary safety gear.
Reacting on the incident the Director, Kwara State Fire Service, John Falade urged the general public to be more safety conscious, adding that workers should always endeavor to use safety equipment at all time to save their lives.