The Deji and Paramount Ruler of Akure Kingdom, Oba (Dr.) Aladetoyinbo Ogunlade Aladelusi, Odundun II have received the passage of His Imperial Majesty, Oba Lamidi Olayiwola Atanda Adeyemi III, the Alaafin of Oyo with rude shock.
2. Oba Adeyemi was a bridge builder and one of the longest reigning and foremost Monarch in Yoruba Land and the Nation who had contributed immensely to the growth of the entire Yoruba Nation as well as the Country at large.
3. His wealth of experience and love for education coupled with unequalled quest for knowledge had made him so unique and stood out throughout his reign as the Alaafin.
4. His Imperial Majesty believe strongly that he lived a worthy and fulfilled life, though we are pained and feel saddened that he is leaving us at a time when his wealth of experience is still needed among the traditional institutions.
5. Oba Aladetoyinbo wishes to commiserate with his immediate family and the good people of Oyo State over this irreparable loss and the transition of a great Titan who came, saw and conquered.
6. The entire Council of Obas in Ondo State and the country will miss this highly revered Monarch for his great good deeds and contributions to humanity.
7. Oba Aladetoyinbo prayed God to grant him eternal rest.
Chief Press Secretary to the Deji of Akure Kingdom
23rd April, 2022