A mysterious inferno has razed the administrative block of Ondo East Local Government Council Secretariat in Bolorunduro.

The inferno which was discovered very early on Thursday morning destroyed the administrative block of the secretariat which housed the offices of the top officials of the local government council.

The Chairman of the local government, Honourable Akinkuotu Olawale revealed that even though the cause of the inferno has not been ascertained, he suspected foul play on the part of some unknown forces.

He said “nobody can ascertain the cause of this incident but from what I have viewed here, some people came to set this place on fire. There is no electricity here and we have not been using generator. Some people came to set this place on fire.

“At about 6:30 this morning, I was informed of the incident. We mobilized the police and fire fighters to the secretariat to stop the fire and provide security. They have done their best but 70% of the building has been razed. This is sad and I pray that the perpetrators will not go unpunished. We want a thorough investigation to be conducted.”

The Head of Local Government Administration, Engineer Metoluwa Vincent said “I was called by one of my staff that there was fire inferno here. I don’t know the cause of the incident because we were not here when it happened. We have beefed up security around the secretariat to stop further occurrence. The fire fighters have come around and helped to put out the fire.”

The Vice Chairman, Honourable Joshua Ogunduyilemi said “A call came in this morning that there was a fire incident at the secretariat. We do not know what could have led to that but it was a big destruction. The damage is serious. The incident has been reported to the necessary quarters. We expect our good government to help us as the case may be.”

The NULGE chairman, Comrade Sola Akinrinlola said “I was informed this morning that there was a fire outbreak at the secretariat. We tried our best but the fire destroyed a huge portion of the building.We need the assistance of the government and well-meaning people to help rebuild the offices so that work will not stop.”

The Chief Security Officer of the local government council, Oyekusibe Abayomi said “I was not on duty when the incident occur. I was informed this morning by the officer who came to open the office that there was a fire incident at the office and I came here immediately. I don’t know the cause of the fire. I was at home when it happened.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *